mercredi 17 octobre 2012

Sometimes I shouldn't listen to myself.

When Mass Effect 3 came out earlier this year, I kept telling myself that I wouldn't try it. After a few days, when the first reviews and players' reactions came around criticizing the game's ending like it ruined their lives and ran away laughing, I thought : "Oh well I wasn't going to play it anyway, so I don't care". And that might look like a very strange behavior, especially since I really enjoyed Mass Effect 2, awarding it close to a 9.5 out of 10. But I guess something about the end of the game really bugged to the point that I didn't want to play the third installment. And, to be extremely honest, I have no freaking clue what it is.

Now I'm glad I bought it. Very glad, I should say. It is turning out to be a very, very enjoyable game. I like how the story is developing and how unpredictable it is turning out to be. After 13 hours I feel like it might be a bit too long if I choose to do all the Side quests. I'm a big side quests fan, usually, but for this game I'm not so sure I want to... The quests are usually quite long and complicated, which is a good thing for the most part, but sometimes the whole thing can get heavy and wee bit tedious.

But overall, I must say I'm quite glad I trusted the clerk at Microplay, who assured me it was a fantastic game if you don't mind the ending. Now that there's a patch out which "fixed" the controversial ending, I might not even be aware that there was a "bad" ending in the first place.

I'm usually quite on the "trust your instincts and nothing else" guy, but this time I've been proven wrong. And it's a good thing.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire