samedi 3 mars 2012

It's a sad day when your console dies.

I've owned a few consoles over the years. Starting with a NES back in the early 90s, then a Sega Genesis as well as a gameboy. The next step was the obvious N64, followed by a GameCube, a Wii, a PS3, a 360 and lately, as you can tell from my latest post, a PSVita. This past year I've bought a SNES as well. And I played on PC for most of the 90s and early 00s as well. You can tell I haven't owned all consoles in history, even if part of me wants to collect consoles as a hobby eventually. Strangely, and very luckily for me, never did one my consoles broke/stopped working.

Up until this friday when my 4-year-old PS3 decided it was time to go. It was, and still is, by a considerable margin, my most played console ever. In fact, for this gen alone, I can safely say that while I own all three consoles and a NDS, I've played maybe 80% of the time, if not more, on that PS3. Now it got the "Yellow Light of Death" and will be on its way this week to Sony for a repair job.

So it isn't a real goodbye after all, I'll see it soon enough. The really crappy thing about it though is that this coming week is the famous March "off-week" (I don't know how it's called in english) in schools around the province. And since I'm a teacher, I've got a week off (9 days in all) as well, and my PS3 decided to let me down just as this thing started. It's really unlucky when you think about it. The positive side of this story is that I'll try more 360-exclusives (just rented Gears 3, L4D and Naruto) and Wii-exclusives games this week, as well as some old PSP games on my Vita as well.

Now that 2012 is officially under way (gaming-wise), expect to read/hear more from this blog as I will finally announce GOTY winners as well as (hopefully) a few reviews and insights on various games from various consoles, old and new (Gears 3, Patapon 2, Halo Anniversary, Skyward Sword, etc.).

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire